Not sure what to expect when searching for a new contractor? Use this free, printable checklist to help you through the hiring process.
Things to keep in mind when hiring:
- Are they NGWA certified?
NGWA certification designations include:
- Certified Well Driller (CWD) – Encompasses general industry knowledge, as well as practice and expertise in at least one drilling method
- Certified Pump Installer (CPI) – Encompasses general industry knowledge and practice and expertise in water systems.
- Master Ground Water Contractor (MGWC) – Demonstrates a high level of competency in both drilling operations and water systems.
- What record(s) will the contractor give you upon the construction of a well (i.e., a well log, well construction report)?
- Does the contractor have adequate liability and worker’s compensation insurance to protect you?
- Ask the contractor for references from previous customers.
- Will the contractor furnish a written contract, specifying the terms and conditions of the job?
When you’re ready to start your search for a qualified professional in your area, use our Find a Contractor tool.
Want to know more about how to find and hire a contractor? Go to our Working with Contractors tab on WellOwner.org.