Keep water wells safe and sanitary during extreme weather
The National Ground Water Association, with support from the Rural Community Assistance Program (RCAP), brings you a virtual discussion on methods to protect your water well before and after a flood.
In the video below, NGWA Director of Science and Technology William M. Alley, Ph.D., and NGWA Regulatory Affairs Manager Charles A. Job join Public Relations Manager Ben Frech to discuss water well safety during extreme weather and contamination of water wells.
This information can assist private well owners and contractors alike:
Topics included are:
- Where does this extreme weather usually attack the most?
- How can flooding lead to contamination of a well?
- What does a septic tank do, and why should it be properly installed?
- How can you tell if your well has been contaminated?
- Does a flooded water well have a greater risk of being contaminated with COVID-19?
- Are there other filtration systems that homeowners can add?
For more information visit our Flooding Resources page.