Happy Earth Day!
As a private well owner, you are the manager of your water system. Beyond the basics of the well that delivers clean water to your home day in and day out, there are many different aspects of water well ownership that you should made aware.
On this Earth Day, it is the perfect time to brush up on the basics. Understanding the basics of groundwater is important. Learning about and appreciating this valuable resource can guide you to becoming a better steward of groundwater.
Groundwater protection is so important that the NGWA has dedicated an entire chapter of the Well Owners Guide to it.
With all that being said, what simple ways can you protect groundwater this week?
Give these 6 tips a shot:
- Use reusable water bottles.
- Avoid single-use plastic water bottles.
- Water plants during the coolest parts of the day.
- Take reusable bags to the grocery store.
- Fight food wastes by composting.
- Challenge yourself to take showers five minutes or less.
Remember: a little education in groundwater protection goes a long way.